Surviving After Suicide 7-Week Bereavement Workshop and Support Group for Adult Suicide Loss Survivors
The stigma that your loved one has taken their own life can leave you feeling alone and isolated. You may find yourself in a struggle to survive and then move forward. Find hope in connecting with peers who understand. This seven-week group will focus on issues and experiences unique to suicide.
Surviving After Suicide is a workshop for adults who have experienced the death of a loved one by suicide. It is designed to provide participants with information about the grieving process and to provide a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental space to share experiences and feelings with others who have experienced a similar loss.
Topics we will explore include:
- Information on loss, the grief process, and mourning
- Depression, mental illness, and suicide awareness education
- Addressing the unanswered questions of suicide loss – The “Whys?”, “What Ifs?”, and “If Onlys”, and the “Should Haves”, “Would Haves”, and “Could Haves”
- The emotions and feelings associated with (and unique to) death by suicide
- Strategies for handling special occasions, “tender days”, and the holidays
- Relationships – establishing & maintaining familial, friendships, and romantic connections
- Ways we can remember and honor our loved one’s memories
- Coping skills, self-care, and ways to access community resources
Surviving After Suicide meets from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm on Friday nights via Zoom. **You will need to use your camera and microphone to participate in the workshop.**
Pre-registration is required as group size is limited to 8, and attendance at all meetings is requested to facilitate group and individual healing.
Cost: $150.00 for the seven-week series
Register today for one of our upcoming sessions!
- October 2, 2020 – November 13, 2020: http://bit.ly/sas-fall20
If you are looking for a support group for your teen, we offer Teens Overcoming Grief After Suicide, a 7-week bereavement workshop for youth 13-19-years-old several times throughout the year as well. For more information, please click here.