For anyone in crisis or with loved ones at risk of suicide:
- If you are in crisis, please call 9-1-1, the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or Colorado Crisis Services at (844) 493-TALK (8255)
- Don’t want to talk on the phone, try chatting online with a trained crisis counselor at Lifeline Crisis Chat or on the Colorado Crisis Services website.
- Want to chat via text? Text HOME to 741741 or HOPE to 38255 any time to chat with a crisis counselor who will help you get the support you need.
- Find out what resources the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) has to offer you or your loved one.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can contact the Lifeline via TTY by dialing 800-799-4889.
- When in doubt, call 9-1-1.
Personalized resources are available for many groups including LGBTQ+ individuals, teens, and veterans and military service men and women. See the listings below:
Resources for LGBTQ individuals in crisis:
If you or your loved one are in crisis and a member of the LGBTQ+ community and are looking for someone who may be more understanding, check out the resources created just for you:
- The Trevor Project offers a number of resources for you including:
- Trans Lifeline is available 24/7 for transgender people, staffed by transgender people. Call (877) 565-8860 any time for support.
- Reach out to the LGBT National Resource Center.
- Looking to learn how to support your LGBT loved one? Check out PFLAG or call the Trans Lifeline Family and Friends Line at (877) 565-8860 to learn more.
Resources for teens:
Many suicide prevention resources exist, especially for teens. Those include:
Resources for veterans and military:
Our service members experience a number of unique and difficult situation while fighting for our country. Specialized resources for service members and veterans can provide a great deal of comfort and help for those in need. These include:
- The Veterans Crisis Line has many options for veterans in crisis or needing mental health support including:
- Trained health resource consultants are available through Real Warriors. With a live chat option and a 24/7 hotline, their consultants are ready to talk, listen, and provide guidance. You can also call them at 866-966-1020.
- The U.S. Military also has a list of specializes services available to service members and their loved ones.